Wednesday 14 March 2018

The Sundays - Alternate Versions

The Sundays - Reading, Writing & Arithmetic - Alternate Versions, 1989 - 1993

Source Bootleg CD "Bye Bye Blue Sky"

Track List:-

01 - Skin & Bones [John Peel Session, 1989]
02 - Here's Where The Story Ends [Black Session, 1992]
03 - Can't Be Sure [Demo]
04 - I Won [Live Den Haag, Netherlands, 2nd March 1990]
05 - Hideous Towns [Live Den Haag, Netherlands, 2nd March 1990]
06 - You're Not The Only One I Know [Demo]
07 - A Certain Someone [Live Ventura, CA, 6-3-93]
08 - I Kicked A Boy [Live Den Haag, Netherlands, 2nd March 1990]
09 - My Finest Hour [John Peel Session, 1989]
10 - Joy [Black Session, 1992]

Lineage:-

CD > WAV > MP3

My Notes:-

Very nice collection of tracks here.
These came from a boot CD, but were originally available here:
http://wilfullyobscure.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/sundays-reading-writing-and-arithmetic.html
Check out the link & blog for more information.
I have a summary below if you don't want to go there.
Audiochecker says these are lossy so they are in mp3.
I have done nothing to these, just passing them along.
Many thanks to the originator of these files.

Enjoy....

Do NOT sell this recording.
Freely given to you, so don't charge others.
Do NOT sell it on Ebay or Ioffer or any other place.
Buy the records/CD's/Go to shows if there are any.
Support the artist anyway you can.
Failure to comply will result in the karma police visiting.
Want to share this?
That is fine all that I ask is keep these notes with your shares, thank you.

Original Notes:-

About two years ago it dawned on me that I had in my possession all ten tracks from Arithmetic in either live,
radio session, or demo incarnations.
Naturally that realization was the germ that possessed me to slavishly cobble together an "alternate" Arithmetic,
that I could substitute the proper album with,
minimizing the immunity I've have feared for almost as long as this album came into existence.

The two demos, "Can't Be Sure," and "You're Not The Only One I Know,"
were b-sides to part two of the 1997 "Summertime" import cd-single.
I'd love to hear more where they came from, but unless a deluxe reissue of Arithmetic is impending, I suspect not.
The stunning Peel Session take of "Skin & Bones" is more transfixing than the album version.
The three cuts culled from the Netherlands March 1990 show,
appear to originate from a soundboard recording - almost unheard of for collectors Sundays live shows.
"A Certain Someone" performed live on the Blind tour in 1993 was taken from a bootleg CD,
likely derived from a decent, if a little bass heavy audience recording.
Finally, a couple of representative cuts from the Sunday's Black Session,
recorded in France 1992 round out a thoughtful recreation of an album that I hope to never tire of.
Hope you like it.

Download:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6skl0d6gwuhr/The_Sundays%20-%20Alternate%20Versions.rar


3 comments:

  1. Thank you kindly for passing along this gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. many many thanks! I'm a big big fan of the sundays. I got on my channel great shows of them. Take a look https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfgCdXqOl8-F7sEUAhqNrIQ?view_as=subscriber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment.
    Some great posts on your channel.
    Everyone go take a look!

    ReplyDelete

XTC - Love At First Sight

  XTC - Ole Man River's, Avondale, New Orleans, Louisiana, 15th November 1980 Source Audience [Master By RH] Track List: 01 Intro Music ...