Wednesday 24 February 2021

Transvision Vamp - Dress Me In Your Mirror




Transvision Vamp - Unknown Venue, Sydney, Australia, 
21st September 1991 [Dress Me In Your Mirror]

Source Audience

Track List:

01 If Looks Could Kill
02 You Put A Spell On Me
03 The Only One
04 Revolution Baby
05 Sex Kick
06 Ain’t No Rules
07 Down On You
08 My Friend The Tom Cat
09 Twangy Wigout [Fades Out, Tape Flip?]
10 (I Just Wanna) B With U [Fades In]
11 Tell That Girl To Shut Up
12 Baby I Don't Care
13 Back On My Knees Again
14 I Want Your Love
15 If Looks Could Kill

Remaster Notes:
Many thanks to Zizi for sharing this here with us.
HUGE thanks to Eric for the amazing artwork.
Arrived as one WAV file.
Spek reports lossy @ 192kbps so that is what is offered here.
Needed lots of restoration, had this (very) annoying "ting" noise going on.
Managed to sort it out but couldn't push it dynamically with much remastering.
So this is mainly a restoration effort.
Doesn't help matters being so lossy in source.
It sounds umhhh... okay for what it is, 
may be just for hardcore fans, more than the casual listener.
Some notes below I found on the web that I thought you might be interested in.
Enjoy...

"Dress Me In Your Mirror" was Dream Remastered @ Reflecting Sound Studios, Southampton, England, Feb. 2021

Do NOT sell this recording.
Freely given to you, so don't charge others.
Do NOT sell it on Ebay or Ioffer or any other place.
Buy the Records/CD's/Go to shows if there are any.
Support the artist anyway you can.
Failure to comply will result in the karma police visiting.
Want to share this?
That is fine all that I ask is keep these notes with your shares, thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wendy James:
Nick wrote Baby I Don’t Care about my best friend who he was rather taken with. 
I think it was his way of telling her that she didn’t have to love him in return 
because he loved her anyway. 
Verse two – “You can tell me all your stories but spare me the plays” – 
is a reference to her aspirations to be an actor. 
Some years later, she took her life: the song is particularly moving now.

Zeus B Held, producer:
I sent the rest of the band home so I could work on the vocals with Wendy alone. 
It was obvious that she was new to this, but you can hear her energy, 
soul and passion on the record.
The famous scream at the beginning was an accident. 
Luckily, I always turn the record button on 20 seconds before a track starts, 
and she just let out this huge scream just to loosen up her voice, 
like a boxer entering the ring. 
I remember the engineer and I looking at each other and going “That’s great!” 
We asked her to do a few more but her initial roar had something raw, 
so that’s the one we used. 
Pop songs don’t normally start with a scream. 
I don’t think Madonna did that.

Download:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3h616yhi41tg/Transvision_Vamp%20-%20Dress%20Me%20In%20Your%20Mirror.rar

1 comment:

XTC - Love At First Sight

  XTC - Ole Man River's, Avondale, New Orleans, Louisiana, 15th November 1980 Source Audience [Master By RH] Track List: 01 Intro Music ...