Saturday 24 March 2018

The Beautiful South - Choke Demos



The Beautiful South - Choke Demos [Dream Remaster]

Source Band Tapes

Track List:-

01 - I Hate U
02 - Should've Kept My Eyes Shut
03 - Mother's Pride
04 - Runners Up [Take 1] [Fades Out]
05 - Tonight I Fancy Myself [Take 1]
06 - Let Love Speak Up Itself [Take 1]
07 - I've Come For My Award [Fades Out]
08 - Tonight I Fancy Myself [Take 2]
09 - Let Love Speak Up Itself [Take 2]
10 - I've Come For My Award [Take 2 Full Version]
11 - Runners Up [Take 2] [Full Version]
12 - A Little Time & Lips
13 - I Think The Answer's Yes
14 - My Book
15 - Bay Of Pigs
16 - Tonight I Fancy Myself [Take 3]

Lineage:-

Kip's Master Tapes > WAV > Audacity [Track Splits] >
Restoration & Remastering > FLAC [Level 8]

Kip's Notes:-

These are demo recordings of the songs that would later make the Beautiful South album Choke.
These were shared with me on cassette from within the band years ago.
As they were spread over two tapes I’ve compiled them here for you in one file.
You’ll notice some duplicate tracks and some cuts.

Remaster Notes:-

Once again audio gold from our friend Kip.
Can't thank him enough for his shares, a real gent & all round top man.
Tracks 4 & 7 just cut off so I did some fades for those.
All had some restoration & then some gentle eq & limiting.
These are the best versions I have heard,
still at times there is some hiss & rumble,
but overall a great listen & superb gem for lovers of B.S.

Dream Remastered @ Reflecting Sound Studios, Southampton, England, March 2018.

Do NOT sell this recording.
Freely given to you, so don't charge others.
Do NOT sell it on Ebay or Ioffer or any other place.
Buy the records/CD's/Go to shows if there are any.
Support the artist anyway you can.
Failure to comply will result in the karma police visiting.
Want to share this?
That is fine all that I ask is keep these notes with your shares, thank you.

Download:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/23wn35xc79b1/The_Beautiful%20South%20-%20Choke%20Demos%20%5BDream%20Remaster%5D.rar

12 comments:

  1. Hi my BTS bro
    Many thx for this treat
    You & Kip are definitely my heroes but not just for 1 day :-)
    Oh, we can be heroes just for one day
    Btw I just send U an email concerning this beauty
    Have a nice week end
    Cheers
    Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing - excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying it Olli.
      Kip is the hero for this one, he is legend.
      More B.S. to come in the next few months.

      Delete
  3. The clued up among us will notice that I had the wrong title for the first track.
    Have corrected it, sorry for this error, I will give myself a good thrashing in the rain as my penance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame on U mate :-)
    Don't ban me from your blog for my impudence because DR is really the place to be (despite the rain) thx to Kip & U
    Have a nice week end you make mine
    Yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for this. had it on cd from years back but this is a much better sound. thanks again. Chigs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got it okay Chigs.
    If you have any more issues let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. any chance you can reupload this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problem, here is the new link:
    https://www.filefactory.com/file/6lucdzbeccom/The_Beautiful%20South%20-%20Choke%20Demos%20%5BDream%20Remaster%5D.rar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, but how do i download...file factory just keeps launching ads and cannot find a viable link to download. thanks

      Delete
  9. You may need a ff account possibly, I have just checked it and it downloads okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. got it working...thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete

XTC - Love At First Sight

  XTC - Ole Man River's, Avondale, New Orleans, Louisiana, 15th November 1980 Source Audience [Master By RH] Track List: 01 Intro Music ...